A hidden gem in the heart of the Luberon
In the centre of the Luberon National Park this thoughtfully designed family home is near to the unspoilt village of Cucuron abounding in little shops and good restaurants. The 18C Mas, set within 4 hectares of gardens and olive groves has 360º panoramic views over surrounding vineyards and mountains.
Spacious Salon, barrel vaulted dining room well equipped kitchen all open to a choice of shaded dining and seating terraces complemented by a new built in BBQ. Zoned under floor heating ensures winter comfort.
A covered outdoor games area complements a television room to entertain all ages, together with wireless music system in 6 rooms.
The heated swimming pool (12m x 5m) with a shallow stone shelf and gentle built in steps makes access easier for us all including young children. A hard tennis court, added in 2016, is an excellent addition to the facilities offered here.
What we think: set in spacious gardens amongst olive trees, with far reaching views over vineyards and cherry orchards this comfortable family house offers well thought out accommodation, designed with families in mind. With new bathrooms fitted and recently installed swimming pool and tennis court this property aims to please and is always a firm favourite with PPA clients. In the heart of the Luberon National Park, and yet close to Cucuron, a picturesque village with a choice of restaurants. A great area for walkers and cyclists. Pretty villages to visit and within easy reach of Aix en Provence (25 minutes).
The house is for a maximum of 12 people (10 adults & 2 young)
Ground Floor Bedrooms:
Bedroom 1 – King size bed (possible twin) + ensuite bathroom (bath with controlled power shower over bath / glass screen + basin + WC)
- Bedroom 2 – King size (possible twin) + access to shower room (shower unit + basin + WC)
First floor bedrooms:
- Bedroom 3 – Twin bedded + extra single bed – through to:
- Bedroom 4 – Double bedded + exterior stone steps down to terrace (for independent access) + en suite shower room (wet room style shower with body jets + twin basins + WC)
- Bedroom 5 – (smaller) twin bedded room
- Separate shower room (power shower unit + basin + WC) can be either ensuite for bedroom 5 or shared with bedroom 3
- Bedroom 6 Master bedroom , kingsize double bedded + steps down to + dressing/seating area + extra single bed if needed / day bed + shower room (wet room style shower with body jets + twin basins + WC). Small roof terrace at base of stone spiral staircase up to mezzanine level with bath.
All bathrooms have been recently refurbished to the highest standards
Wi-Fi, pool (pool heating 1 May – 31 Oct only / ** see Important Information)
A/C, Freesat HD, SONOS, outdoor kitchen/fixed barbecue, tennis, croquet, badminton, ping pong, table football, pool table, boules, astronomical telescope.
Part-time housekeeper, gardener. Cooking by arrangement
Cost of let per week 2019: inclusive of electricity, house & pool heating
(pool heating 1 May – 31 Oct only)
(Oct 6/Mar 2)
(Mar 2/June 1 & Sept 7/Oct 5)
(June 1/Sept 7)
Hill walking, kayaking, horse riding, cycling, cookery & art classes. Excellent golf at Mallemort Pont Royale/Ballesteros Championship (25km), Pierrevert/Golf de France (20km)
Cucuron village & Chateau Ansouis (3km), Lourmarin (7km) – sophisticated market town with excellent restaurants), Pertuis (12km), perched village Gordes (36km). Aix en Provence ( with international summer music festival), (35km- regional centre + TGV). Cassis (fishing harbour & beach 86km) Airports Avignon (39km + TGV), Marseille (61km), Nimes (110km), Toulon (140km), Montpellier (170km) & Nice (206 km).